Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Social Media

Throughout the past few weeks, I feel like I have been wasting so much time on my computer and on social media.  I can go hours on my laptop without even noticing.  It wastes a lot of my time, and it makes me less productive.

I really do believe that the internet can be a negative influence in many lives.  Not only does it waste time, but it also can make people feel bad about themselves.  For example, when I'm browsing the internet, you see a lot about celebrities. Sometimes reading about their lives can be fun, but in reality, it can make us get unrealistic ideas about what our lives should be, how our bodies should look, or what clothes we should buy.  When I look on Facebook, I notice myself becoming jealous of others.  I see what they're wearing, who they're hanging out with, and what cool extravagant trips they are going on. In all honesty, it makes me feel bad about myself.

That's why I am choosing to limit my internet and social media use.  I don't want to waste any more of my time when I should be out living my life.  I think that I will be much happier by cutting this out of my life.  With this being said, I created a survey.  I have already had friends and family take this survey, and I want to open it up to anyone who reads this blog.  There are a few questions asking about your computer and social media use.  It's interesting to put it into perspective.

Computer & Social Media Survey

No comments:

Post a Comment